- The three lights represent how “warmed up” the app is. Once all three lights are lit then the app should have determined what is normal for your environment.
- This section of letters is for intelligent entities to try to communicate with by influencing the readings to select letters. Dashes “-” indicate no activity. Dots “.” indicate activity is very strong.
- Ghost Radar attempts to translate the sensor readings into a spoken word. Ideally the entities you are trying to interact with can manipulate the sensors and have Ghost Radar speak their words. The spoken word is displayed in this section. Supported language localizations are available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese.
- This is a small radar symbol used to represent the current setting of the Scan Frequency. When the Scan Frequency is high this small radar will pulsate quickly. When it’s low the radar will pulsate slowly.
- The three sets of numbers at the top are raw data coming into the device. Basically all the readings are distilled down to three main numbers. The three lines in the graph represent those three numbers. When those lines/numbers change quickly it indicates a change in the energies around the device.
- Use this button to select the VOX view.
- Use this button to select the Radar view.
- Use this button to view the words that have been spoken.
- Use this button if you would like to send yourself a transcript of your adventures.
- Press this small “i” to access settings and help. This “i” is only available on the iPhone/iPod touch platform. For the Android platform press the phone’s “menu” button, usually a physical button on the bottom of the phone.
- The Level meter gives and indication of when things are happening. The scrolling letters on the bottom are picked based on a combination of certain readings.
- Tune in to your flux by changing the Sensitivity with this knob. Modify the settings to eliminate the noise in your hunting grounds. Choose the sensitivity of the radar; Low, Medium, or High. A highly sensitive radar may give many false readings due to the noise in your environment.
To change how often a reading of the flux is made change the Scan Frequency. The range is from about 1 reading per second to about 60 times per second. Decreasing the Scan Frequency can eliminate false readings in a noisy environment.
The Duplicate Detection Threshold can be changed to adjust for rapid readings that detect the same entity. A longer threshold will decrease the likelihood of detecting the same signal multiple times.
Display Impedance is the setting that allows you to change how often the radar blips are updated. Increase the impedance to have your radar update slower. Each time the display is updated the flux readings are analysed and the readouts are refreshed.
If the blip you are tracking has not been seen for a certain amount of time it will be removed from the radar. This time is controlled by the Signal Timeout setting. Decrease the timeout to have the blips removed as soon as possible.
The flux readings are stored in a series of containers before they are interpreted as a signal that needs to be displayed. You can increase the number of containers by increasing the Signal Capacitance setting. Increasing the capacitance can help eliminate false readings by requiring a larger number of hits to be read.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ghost Radar® does not employ the readings from sensors like traditional paranormal equipment. It does not detect EMF nor does it detect EVPs. The app provides a set of parameters for paranormal energies to manipulate which are then processed and presented as graphical, textual, and audible readouts. Like other Instrumental Trans-Communication (ITC) techniques, Ghost Radar® takes raw readings and tries to make sense of subtle changes.
It’s believed that paranormal energies have the ability to influence electrical equipment. This idea comes from the concept that matter, life, souls, and light are fundamentally an electrical phenomenon. As a result the app uses streams of data from processing units and memory locations as the raw mechanism for paranormal energies to manipulate. The readings come in constantly and have only very minor changes. Ghost Radar® tracks these readings and analyzes them; watching for strange behavior. Based on a multitude of different readings and historical trends Ghost Radar® uses its proprietary algorithm to present various visual and audible representations of the readings.
It has been suggested that paranormal energies manifest themselves through the Quantum Flux (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation) or are an aspect of Jung’s Collective Unconscious. Regardless of the medium through which the energies manipulate electric devices the resulting manipulated readings seem to indicate intelligence on occasion. There are plenty of ways for paranormal energies to interact with computers and mobile devices, the trick is to interpret the readings and present them in a way to help track the paranormal activity. Contrary to some claims, Ghost Radar® does not browse contact lists, listen to conversations through the microphone, nor are the responses preprogramed or simply random.
On the Spoken Words list the colors of the words are an indication of when they were spoken relative the when the application was launched. Words spoken very early after the launch appear bright red. As the radar warms up the red fades. After many minutes the words will be gray. Eventually, after the application has warmed up, the words will be black.
iPhone OS: If Ghost Radar is too bright for your nightly adventure just swipe the radar from right to left and the screen will go dark, touch the screen again and the radar will return to view. Also, you can temporarily use Ghost Radar as an extra source of light, like a flashlight, in a dark environment. If you’re wandering the dark, using Ghost Radar to search for the paranormal and need a bit of extra light just swipe Ghost Radar from the bottom to the top and the screen will instantly turn a bright white, then tap the screen to return to the radar. Neither the bright screen nor the dark screen have any effect on the radar doing its job. The radar continues to function even when you can’t see it. And with Ghost Radar’s speech synthesizer you will be able to hear when something is happening.
iPhone OS: Swipe the session or word you wish to delete. A delete button will appear.